Meanwhile, I was entertaining thoughts of what's in store for me this Christmas season when I came across with this list of 10 Christmas Commandments. I just found out that it does exist. So before I get hyped at jumping off to a long Christmas vacation, let me share this thing to you. This is in replacement of my supposed-to-be selfish wish list or foolish blaberring--again!
"The following item appeared in a church newsletter and contains some good advice that will help us keep selfishness in check this Christmas:
- You shall not leave ‘Christ’ out of Christmas, making it ‘Xmas.’ To some, ‘X’ is unknown.
- You shall prepare your soul for Christmas. Spend not so much on gifts that your soul is forgotten.
- You shall not let Santa Claus replace Christ, thus robbing the day of its spiritual reality.
- You shall not burden the shop girl, the mailman, and the merchant with complaints and demands.
- You shall give yourself with your gift. This will increase its value a hundred fold, and the one who receives it shall treasure it forever.
- You shall not value gifts received by their cost. Even the least expensive may signify love, and that is more priceless than silver and gold.
- You shall not neglect the needy. Share your blessings with many who will go hungry and cold if you are generous.
- You shall not neglect your church. Its services highlight the true meaning of the season.
- You shall be as a little child. Not until you become in spirit as a little one are you ready to enter into the kingdom of Heaven.
- You shall give your heart to Christ. Let Him be at the top of your Christmas list.
Anyone keeping these commandments is sure to have a blessed Christmas."