Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmas sickness--I mean literally!


While Christmas day is only a few counts of fingers away, some viral attack has crippled my celebratory mood. I'm getting sick these days. I'm not allergic to Christmas, I know. In fact, it's my favorite time of the year. But for four agonizing days already, I've been running a mild fever. More hostile are the cough, sore throat and runny nose that accompany it. Couldn't they come only one at a time? Well, I blame my lame body resistance. Ughh!

However, I could still manage to report to office or go to public places and mingle with "healthy" people. (Just minus the ice bag and thermometer in the mouth.) But the treatment I receive is like that of a cast-away. Every time I sneeze or cough (like a machine gun firing in spurts), all heads would turn to me. I'm dreaded by everybody as if I carry the deadliest virus ever discovered. And from time to time, I have to look for a restroom when I need to discharge those disgusting slippery substances out of my nasal cavity. Ewwww... Now I have to find ways to regain my composure!

Anyway, I can already feel the cool breeze Christmas brings. For those who haven't yet picked out a Christmas present for me, (be a generous Santa!) a new Nokia N80 will perfectly do. It's better to give than to receive. You know that! ;)

I look forward to attending dawn masses or "nine mornings" and keep my fingers crossed that our request for a long Christmas vacation be granted. A blessed Christmas season to one and all!

No comments: