Monday, September 04, 2006

I got a bottle of 'sleeping pills'!


Grrrrr. I hate what I'm feeling right now. I know that being drowsy will mean low production of today's work. Worst is, be reprimanded of the terrible errors I might overlook. A cup of coffee won't work to perk me up anyway.

Okay, I blame these tablets of vitamins I got from my Aunt. Perhaps she assumed I'm still her skinny nephew whom she would give an advice on how to get fat! Two weeks ago, she sent me a bottle of orange tablets which would help improve one's appetite and eventually help one gain more flesh. Unfortunately, I've already overcome being "malnourished" in which she has no idea with. I've been eating triple my usual dosage and would crave for foods even if I don't feel starving. It's no wonder why my abs has turned into a bulk of fats. Now, I'm facing an issue of hitting the gym or going on a "diet" just to get rid of this flab around my waist.

Back to the vitamins. I tried one tablet a day (though the prescribed dosage is 3 to 4 tablets for adults). And the drawback? SLUMBER! Yes, it would make you doze off amid your work. At first, I was very grateful that at last, my chronic insomnia problem was solved! I would fall asleep at no time. But it made me a lethargic, inactive employee who would always feel sleepy despite the rush of work. My eyes would effortlessly close (the strong radiation emitted by the PC right in front of me is not even enough to stop me from getting lulled) thanks it would happen every time when my boss is not around. :)

Simply put, the Hong Kong-manufactured medicine didn't deliver any benefits for me.

And so I stopped taking the drug. One lesson that I've learned:

DON'T TAKE AN APPETITE-IMPROVING VITAMINS IF YOU HAVE A COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR APPETITE AND IF IT WARNS TO CAUSE DROWSINESS, IT REALLY MEANS DRIFTING YOU OFF TO DREAMLAND.

No comments: